Default Can the Children Starts New School at the Soon-To-Be Custodial Parent's County

State: VA & MD

My friend and his ex has 50-50 physical custody over their children- which she has their physical custody during school year in VA, and my friend has theirs during summer. This year they agree to change that he will has theirs during school years and she will have theirs during summer, for the kids best interest. They filed the paper to the court in VA and the case is still shown "ACTIVE". The order filing stated that the agreement will be changed as of Aug. 1, 2009. The kids' new school will start on last week of August and they're enrolled to the new school.

My question is whether they can start new school and live with my friend while the case is still in the court? How long will it take likely in VA to finalize the agreement with both parents mutually agrees? Do my friend need to file any other motions to get thing done faster?

Default Re: Can the Children Starts New School at the Soon-To-Be Custodial Parent's County

Courts usually go along with the parents' mutual decision, but we don't know the history of the case, haven't read the motion, and don't know what the present custody order says.

It takes as long as it takes. We don't know how diligent they'll be about doing what the court expects, we don't know how busy the court is, and we don't decide when the court will make its ruling. If they believe that they should and can bring another motion to expedite things, they're free to do so.

1. Sponsored Links