Default Tresspassing Outside of School

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

okay heres the thing, i got the boot from my school a while back. then after like 6 months i come to the school to take my friends home. my school is right next to a golf course so im sitting on the golf parking fence which is right in front of the school just waiting not doing anything wrong. 5 minutes until the bell rings i hear the assitant principle behind me, "you are tresspassing on school property im going to call the cops and they are coming to arrest you." i just said okay then i walked off, i got around the corner a cop busted a u and arrested me there for tresspassing and took me to the station finger printed me and everything.

so my question is, can they do that? i was not inside the school i was outside in front of the school waiting to pick everyone up. so how is it that i am tresspassing but every other person that comes to pick other people up arent? sure i got kicked out but that was half a year i go, i already graduated. can someone explain to me?

Default Re: Tresspassing Outside of School

From what you said it doesn't sound like trespassing if you were never on the schools property. Maybe the principal told the cops you were trespassing,did you explain you story to the cops? What did they say,regardless you need to explain to your lawyer what happened and see if there a chance for a dismal.

Default Re: Tresspassing Outside of School

[QUOTE=tc498;340278]
    Quote Quoting chr!s
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

okay heres the thing, i got the boot from my school a while back. then after like 6 months i come to the school to take my friends home. my school is right next to a golf course so im sitting on the golf parking fence which is right in front of the school just waiting not doing anything wrong. 5 minutes until the bell rings i hear the assitant principle behind me, "you are tresspassing on school property im going to call the cops and they are coming to arrest you." i just said okay then i walked off, i got around the corner a cop busted a u and arrested me there for tresspassing and took me to the station finger printed me and everything.

so my question is, can they do that? i was not inside the school i was outside in front of the school waiting to pick everyone up. so how is it that i am tresspassing but every other person that comes to pick other people up arent? sure i got kicked out but that was half a year i go, i already graduated. can someone explain to me?[/QUOTE

From what you said it doesn't sound like trespassing if you were never on the schools property. Maybe the principal told the cops you were trespassing,did you explain you story to the cops? What did they say,regardless you need to explain to your lawyer what happened and see if there a chance for a dismal.
    yup, and they didnt do a thing about it, just said you are being arrested for tresspassing

again the next time i didnt even take the chance an sit on the fence which acts as a border between the golf parking and the side of the front of the school, i stood on the sidewalk around the corner

and what do you know, he comes up and says im not suppost to be there and if he sees me again hes gonna call the cops again

what the hell? what law am i breaking? dont i have the right to walk to the school and take everyone home?

1. Sponsored Links