My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Indiana.
My ex husband physically abused my daughter approx 10 years ago. We went to court, had an emergency hearing to terminate visitations. CPS investigated and stated that abuse was substantiated. The court ordered him to complete parenting classes and anger management classes (BIG DEAL!). Needless to say, he never finished and left the state. I do not think that criminal charges were ever filed. I was only 19 and did whatever the legal aid attorney told me to do. I am older now and everytime I look at my baby I wonder if there is more I can do for her. My daughter has never been the same. Although she was 2 years old at the time and now she does not remember any of it, her whole personality changed. She has been in and out of counselling. I was wondering if there was a statue of limitations on criminal charges, what are they, and if there is a statue of limitations on filing some type of civil suit against him. My daughter has been adopted my current husband and is getting all the love she can stand, she just has never been the same. Please let me know if there is something I can do.