Default How Come I Am Constantly Found Even with Expunged Record

My question involves expungements or pardons for the state of: Florida

my record of my case was expunged in 2007. EVERYTIME i apply for a new apartment or even lately with a possible new job, i keep getting red flagged because of my record w/ full detailsl!!?? any ideas to be able to get this resolved? thank you in advance if anyone has any idea.

Default Re: How Come I Am Constantly Found Even with Expunged Record

The only thing I can think if you find out who is running the backround check and then supply them with updated info. If a private companies collect info from courts and various source,with computers and stuff today sometimes stuff might pop up. They have info before your charges were expunged. If a place ran a check thru a court then it shouldn't show up.

Quote Quoting tc498
    View Post
    The only thing I can think if you find out who is running the backround check and then supply them with updated info. If a private companies collect info from courts and various source,with computers and stuff today sometimes stuff might pop up. They have info before your charges were expunged. If a place ran a check thru a court then it shouldn't show up.
    so in otherwords i'm screwed because almost all companys dont go through the courts they use the internet background check databases and such. its almost like the effort to be expunged is in vain.

I agree records really should be more private,for minor,non volient,non sexual crimes,stuff should be cleared after a certain amt of time. In some states they don't offer expungment,maybe speak to the court clerk or someone,if there some way to decrease this from showing up.

Why not contact the companies to update their info. According to the article below, there are like 4 major database companies in the U.S. Contact each of them and provide them with a copy of your expunged record. You can have an attorney do it for you or do it yourself. This is what one of the companies state on their website:

"In the event that an expunged record is returned in a consumer report, we will delete the expunged record as soon as we receive a certified copy of the applicable expungement documentation."

http://dev.nbd.saferent.com/Rafi/pag...tant_info.html

another company is choicepoint: The also have a process in place for removing expunged records. So dont give up.

http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/W...expunging.html

1. Sponsored Links