Default Recording a Conversation

I belong to a Corporation, a Non Profit Corporation and this has to do with a Homeowners Association.

There is a Board Member who has done unethical transactions and blatantly violated our by laws.

This person called me during the day and I returned his call at night. I feared that the conversation would be turned around because I know this person to have smeone else on an extension listening in. When I heard of possible wrongdoing by him, I turned over a copy of that tape to the President of the Corporation and two other Board Members. This was done last month. No action has been taken and now I hear that these people are taking me to court for recording a conversation without their permission

This was done in PA and the law is clear on this.

The Constitution of PA, Article 1, Section 1 states that I have an Inherent right to protect and preserve my reputation.
    Knowing that this person twists stories around, I protected my reputation. Once I found wrongdoing, I did what I felt was in the best interest of the Corporation by providing a copy of the tape to the Authorities of the Corporation.

Did I do anything wrong? I don't believe I did. Do you have an opinion on this?

Default Recording Phone Conversations in Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania is an "all party consent" state for recording conversations, and recording without the required consent can be charged as a crime. See Pennsylvania Consolidated Statute, Title 18 - Crimes, ยง 5704(4). You may wish to discuss your situation with a local lawyer.

Can that override the Constitution of PA. The interpretation of Inherent rights to preserve and protect my reputation would override this. Is this true?

Thank you for your previous response also!

I have not seen any authority which would suggest that the statute is in any way unconstitutional.

1. Sponsored Links