Post If My Parents Tell Me to Move Out, Can They Still Take Me to Court

My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: Kentucky.

My question is not so much as gettin emancipated in Kentucky, as I realize it is a non-emancipation state. However, My parents hate my boyfriend who is 19 and I am 16, almost 17.I've gotten in trouble for talking to him and everything. But everytime i get caught talking to him, my parents tell me that if i want to be with him, then i can just move out and move in with him. If i was to do this, could they still take me to court or back in to custody again. Even if i was working, going to school and taking full care of myself?

Default Re: If My Parents Tell Me to Move Out, Can They Still Take Me to Court

They don't have to take you to court. Until you're an adult they can find you, wherever you are, and (figuratively speaking) drag you home by your ear.

Ha, Okay i understand that. But is there anyway they could take me to court?

Sure, that's the ticket. Move in with your child molester "boyfriend". If I was your parent I would then send the police right there to arrest him. That would solve the problem. You are a child until you are 18 and can not give consent for sex. You are a fool and one day you will realize it.

take you to court for what?

For moving out, even though they're the ones that told me to. Or even take my boyfriend to court?

Again, they don't have to take you to court. They can make you come home because you're a child and they're your parents.

Take YOU to court? No. All they have to do is tell you that their permission to move out is rescinded and drag your little rear back home, where it will stay until you either turn 18 or they change your minds again. Until you turn 18, and not one minute before, you live where they tell you to live and they can change their minds about that as often as they like. There's no law that says once they tell you you can/should/must move out, they can never change their minds and make you come home. They can. And you have NO options but to obey.

Take you BF to court? Possibly, if they tell him to keep away from you and either of you disobeys.

1. Sponsored Links