Unhappy Ticket for Obstructing Traffic

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New York

Hi !

This morning i drove to NYC from NJ. Something that i avoid as much as possible because somehow i always end up getting a ticket for something or the other.

I emerged from Lincoln tunnel on Dyer street and my GPS told me to make a right turn on 42nd street. The traffic was bumper to bumper and crawling slower than a snail. I was at the intersection of Dyer and 41. There was a bus in front of me. When the light turned green, the bus started moving but since i knew the traffic was slow and i didn't want to block the intersection, i trailed behind. The bus crossed 41st street but then stopped at the other side right at the edge and there was no room for me to move in. So i stayed put on this side. Then the light turned red and i found myself stopped on the box. Got a ticket for obstructing traffic even though where i was, i was not blocking any traffic. Infact had i followed the bus in front of me i would have been stuck right in the middle of 41st street and would surely have blocked traffic then.

So i am wondering if there is any way out of this $115 hit. I swear i am never driving to NYC again. If i don't get a ticket while driving i get it for parking. Well enough of that.

Default Re: Ticket for Obstructing Traffic

You mean, other than seeking a hearing on the ticket and stating your case?

Default Re: Ticket for Obstructing Traffic

ummm i know i need to seek a hearing and state my case. Question is, in the opinion of the experts here, do i have a case or is it pretty cut n dried ? Should i even bother ?

1. Sponsored Links