Default Portable Toilets

california

I am a truck driver and am wondering who oversees the sanitary state of the restrooms and portable toilets that are for the drivers to use at shippering and receiving warehouses?
    Most are horrible.

Default Re: Portable Toilets

Generally speaking, the owner of a building is responsible for cleaning its own premises; for portable units, the company providing the unit is usually under contract to clean it on a recurring basis. But if you're asking if you can sue somebody for having a stinky, unsanitary bathroom, no, that of itself is not going to get you anywhere. If you're a union truck driver, you can see what your union will do for you.

Casting no aspersions on you, individually, how do you suppose the bathrooms come to be in that state? I can tell you, it's really frustrating to be responsible to keep a bathroom clean when it's used by people who don't care if they pee on the walls or floor, and the minority who think it's funny to do so. It's easy to take a "Let them live in their own filth" attitude.

I fully understand what you are saying about the people that do that in restrooms and being a female I really hate having to use the restrooms that the guys use. I wasn't wanting to sue anyone but rather was wondering if it was the state or the county health department that is in charge of the conditions of restrooms along with the supplies in them. Remember these restrooms are not only being used by the drivers but also the guys that we hire to unload the products off of the truck. These are people that are handling our food products. One place I was at had no soap in the restroom and another place had the "stuff" in the porta potti piled up so high in the proper place that it would almost touch one's behind if one sat on the seat. And we wonder why people get sick. I am not union as a lot of us drivers are not. I also don't believe in the blanket punishment for all. The information about which health department in California would regulate this and where to contact them was what I was after. I've tried looking and haven't had much luck.

Question Re: Portable Toilets

What county is the problem in? And are these retail food establishments where food is consumed or prepared on the property?

One was Ventura county and another was in the Tracy area. They are warehouses not retail.

Lightbulb Re: Portable Toilets

Then I'd start here
    http://www.ventura.org/rma/envhealth/

General Environmental Health Information: (805) 654-2813
    GOVERNMENT CENTER ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
    800 S. VICTORIA AVE.
    VENTURA, CA 93009-1730

1. Sponsored Links