Default Visitation Rights of Parents

My question involves guardianship in the State of: Michigan

I am a foster parent and now friend of the guardians that have 3 children I had in care for 1 1/2 yrs.

The guardians have been allowing the birth mom to visit with the kids once each week for 2 hours. Mom has since had yet another baby and is working with a cps worker in a different county. The new baby is not in a guardianship or foster care.

The cps worker has sent a letter to the guardians requesting more time and overnights for mom and the kids. The cps worker is under the impression that visits are going beautifully (per birth mom).

Do these guardians have the right to refuse extended visits and overnights? I do not know if this is a full or limited guardianship.

Any accurate legal answer would be very appreciated. Thank you, JB

Default Re: Visitation Rights of Parents

Normally, visitation rights are set forth by the court in the order of guardianship or in a subsequent order granting visitation. The guardians will be expected to follow the court's order.

1. Sponsored Links