Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default How to Access Medical Records for My Child

    I'm in Arizona. I need to get the medical records for my little girl. I am not on the birth certificate. My ex and I were married and still living together when my little girl was conceived. Six months later, my ex left. There is an Arizona law stating I am the father and have every right to the records. How can I get them. The hospital says something about the hippa law, and that I have to get a paternity test. My ex has Order of Protection against me. I need them sooner than later. Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Medical Records for My Little Girl

    you are going to have to prove you are the father. If mom ever applied for any welfare, the courts should have demanded a determination of paternity which should have proven you to be the father.

    Since you are not on the BC, there is not a real fast quick easy way to prove you are the father without the courts having already required a determination, as spoken of above.

    you may simply have to take the time to establish paternity.

    if this is for a serious need, you may be able to ask the courts to order the records be released to you without a full blown determination but even that will take some time.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Guardianship: Can a Parent Get School and Medical Records of a Child Who Has a Guardian
    By jackiexoxo in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 07:47 AM
  2. Privacy: Prevented Access to Medical Records
    By Valorie in forum Public Health and Welfare
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 07:23 AM
  3. Father's Rights to Access Medical Records
    By kleishear in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 10:55 AM
  4. Criminal Records: Access To Records In Florida
    By mysaci in forum Criminal Records
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 03:00 AM
  5. Access to Medical Records and HIPAA
    By Fields2 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources