Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    Default Filing an I-485 With a Foreign Drug Conviction

    i've resently married an american citizen, i got my crime report from the uk and on it i've got a possesion of anphetemine on it. how will this stand when i go for my green card. it was 12yrs ago and under 1gram. i got a fine of 120pounds for it.
    is this the end the line as far as getting a green card is concerned?
    do the us gov check with the ncis in the uk?
    can you just say you don't have a record?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: I-485 Problem, Maybe

    If you lie, you can expect to be caught. The consequence of that will be your being deported.

    As you probably know, drug policies in this country can be draconian. I suggest that you consult an immigration lawyer with the specifics of your case.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Removal (Deportation) and Reentry: Filing an I-212 After a Drug Conviction, Illegal Reentry
    By twelch0727 in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 12:39 AM
  2. Criminal Law Issues: Is Permanent Residence Possible with Foreign Drug Issue
    By Florida11 in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
  3. Post-Conviction Relief: Post Conviction Relief for a Drug Conviction
    By jayblack in forum Criminal Procedure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
  4. Sentencing: Can Judge Order Drug Tests For Non-Drug Related Conviction
    By johnlopo in forum Criminal Procedure
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 02:02 AM
  5. Expungement and Sealing: What Can I Do About An FBI Record of a Foreign Conviction
    By chofujohn in forum Criminal Records
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources