Default Overpayment of Child Support

State: WI

We found out that my bf has been overpaying CS by the tune of 1900. Child support says that he has to go after his Ex for the money. But I thought CS pays *HIM* back if they over charge, then go after the ex (or who ever received the money?)

Little back story. Bf's Ex ran off with their child and her bf and didn't tell anyone where they were going for three months to another state. (still don't know where the mother is, and probably never will) She dropped him off at a "friends" place, and that friend had a the decency to contact my bf and let him know his son was alright. While this was all going on, we were waiting on the court for placement hearing. Well he got full perm & placement custody of him. His payments were suppose to stop back in April when they had the court date, but are just NOW stopping. I know he has to file a motion w/ the courts but as I said, I thought CS pays him.. specially if it as suppose to have been stopped back in April when he was awarded full custody?

Default Re: Overpayment of Child Support

If he has an ongoing child support obligation, he should be able to get an offset. If not, as he was told, he needs to try to get the money back from mom.

1. Sponsored Links