Default Taking Over Guardianship

My question involves guardianship in the State of: Florida. My mother has been in a coma for the past 2 years, and my younger sister has been guardian over her estates and business. Now, during this time, my sister has not been communicating the status of what's going on with the business with me and actually has sold the properties that my mother had owned. I feel that she is not doing a good job in making sure that my mothers property is taken care of and now fear that the business that my mother owns is now in jepordy. I have talked to her about this and asked for her to give me the rights of guardianship but she refuses (I am more stable, married, educated- where she is younger, single mother and doesn't even have a high school diploma). I know I should of spoke up in the beginning, but I was more worried about the condition of my mother to be concerned about the business aspect. What are my rights to become guardianship? What do I need to do to remove her from guardianship?
    thanks

Default Re: Taking Over Guardianship

If she's a court-appointed guardian, she will be making periodic reports to the court of her activities and about the estate's finances. If that's the situation, read the reports. If it's not, tell us exactly what you mean by "my younger sister has been guardian over her estates and business".

Default Re: Taking Over Guardianship

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If she's a court-appointed guardian, she will be making periodic reports to the court of her activities and about the estate's finances. If that's the situation, read the reports. If it's not, tell us exactly what you mean by "my younger sister has been guardian over her estates and business".
    She is court-appointed, and from what I understand, she has gone on the annual financial review, and was planning on going to the court house when I have some time away from work to go and do research on what those documents consisted of. But I was just wanted to know if I would have a case to remove her from guardianship, since it seems like she may be abusing her power and not taking care of my mothers property.

1. Sponsored Links