My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Texas

I have done research of over 3 months!
I think I have found the way for my situation that is perfectly legal.

My situation is that I overstayed over my visa, so I am considered illegal.
Anyways, I need my drivers permit since I am still young, and after many months of waiting and research I have found the way.

If you work at the DMV or are an immigration lawyer please comment...

First thing I have to do is get a letter of ineligibility from the Social Security Administration. (I can use this instead of a social security number at the DMV)
Then, I have to establish my identity to the DMV. I looked on there website and it said I could use a "foreign expired passport" to do this. Which I have. (overstayed remeber)
After that they should be able to give me my permit. Right?

I know it may not be as easy as it sounds, but I was wondering if this would actually work?

Please any input will be great. Any risks I am taking or should it come out pretty smoothly?
I might have to stand some bad stares from the people at the DMV, but I am excited that I might be able to get my permit.

Again please write any thoughts you have and tell me what you think.

Thank You in advance