Hybrid View

Default Power of Attorney in Family Court

This involves the state of Illinois predominately, with a bit of Missouri as well.

My fiance is scheduled to appear in court Monday for a contempt of court hearing for failure to pay childsupport. I won't go into a bunch of detail since I have posted on it previously.

The problem we have now is that he has been arrested for a failure to appear on an old traffic ticket. I don't have the money for bond, so he will be unable to attend court as he will still be in jail. I plan on getting a statement from the Missouri jail that he is located in saying that he is locked up, and taking that proof to the court in Illinois for his trial.

Will I only be able to get him a continuance? Or can I file his response for him if I get a Power of Attorney for this manner? I was hoping I could get a power of attorney and act in his behalf on this.

Default Re: Power of Attorney in Family Court

Inform the court that he's in jail and see what they can do. If he's in the same county, they may be able to transport him from the jail to the hearing.

1. Sponsored Links