This involves the state of Illinois predominately, with a bit of Missouri as well.

My fiance is scheduled to appear in court Monday for a contempt of court hearing for failure to pay childsupport. I won't go into a bunch of detail since I have posted on it previously.

The problem we have now is that he has been arrested for a failure to appear on an old traffic ticket. I don't have the money for bond, so he will be unable to attend court as he will still be in jail. I plan on getting a statement from the Missouri jail that he is located in saying that he is locked up, and taking that proof to the court in Illinois for his trial.

Will I only be able to get him a continuance? Or can I file his response for him if I get a Power of Attorney for this manner? I was hoping I could get a power of attorney and act in his behalf on this.