Default Application for Permanent Residency is Denied After the Interview, What to Do

Florida
    Me and my husband filed an application I-485 to adjust my status. 6 months later we got invitation for the interview in immigration office. though we had all the supporting documents and even a lawyer with us, we were separated and were questioned for 90 min each. After that we received intention to deny our application due to some discrepancies( which were minor) in our answers. we sent an appeal within 30 days with all the proves and explanations to the discrepancies. a year later we received another denial. we are extremely frustrated! we do not know what to do??we were told we can go to court, but what are our chances there??? what shall we do? how to fight against such a unfairness???

Default Re: Application for Permanent Residency is Denied After the Interview, What to Do

we were told we can go to court, but what are our chances there???
    We really can't answer that for you. Immigration court is not a game of odds and chances. Cases are handled individually, and if discrepancies are found, a denial is almost certain.

what shall we do? how to fight against such a unfairness???
    How badly do you want permanent residency?

If it's something you want so badly, you can reach out and touch that desire? You hire an attorney who specializes in immigration law. Check with your local Bar Association for a referral, or with friends and community members for a recommendation.

Then follow your attorney's instructions to the letter. Best of luck to you.

1. Sponsored Links