Question Collection Agency's Repeat Calls to Advise of Paid Debt

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Washington. The Collection Agency is:
    CREDIT COLLECTION SERVICES
    TWO WELLS AVENUE, DEPT. 9134, NEWTON, MA 02459

They keep calling to advise me to go to a secure website and enter a reference number. Since they were not asking for any personal information at the site, I elected to comply (with full antivirus and malware software updated). The phone call made it sound like a debt was owed, but I don't remember owing anything at all.

I went to the site, put in the reference number and my phone number. And it showed a dept I owed almost a year ago that was paid, almost a year ago, and even the status in CCS's website said "paid-in-full". Why would they be calling my (7 times on voice mail) just to advise that we had a debt paid in full? Isn't that harassment?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Default Re: Collection Agency's Repeat Calls to Advise of Paid Debt

Did you dispute the debt in a timely manner when they first contacted you? Have you instructed them, in writing, to cease all contact with you? Have you instructed them that the debt has been fully paid? Have you contacted your original creditor?

1. Sponsored Links