Default Marriage in Venezuela, K-1 Visa and K-3 Visa Options

Here is the following situation:
    I am 24 years old and an American citizen born in the United States of America. I've met my fiancee who is a Venezuelan citizen who currently resides there. We are hoping to get married, however we do not have proof of our relationship or that she and I are fiancee/fiance respectively to each other. This would not be a serious issue if she was able to come to the U.S. with a passport, however she previously applied for a tourist visa to the U.S. and had been denied because of suspicion that she may choose to illegally reside in the U.S. after her entry (I'm guessing if she re-applies, she will most likely be denied again).

THE ENDSTATE: We would like to married and for her to live in the United States with me.

I've been doing some research myself as far as what my options are. I'm looking for some advice, suggestions, and help regarding this issue and hopefully a resolution that would benefit both me and my fiancee.

From what I see, I've come to the conclusion that the following are my options.

A. Apply for I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancee). Upon success of this, have my fiancee apply for a K-1 Fiancee Visa in Venezuela in order for her to come to the United States and get married here within 90 days. After we get married, apply for her residence and green-card (I actually haven't looked this far for this option yet).

IMO: I think this would be a very difficult option in terms of achieving the successful endstate due to the fact that we do not have really "SOLID" proof of our relationship/engagement due to the fact that I've yet to see her in person despite the fact that we have hours of correspondence and phone bills to reflect our communication with each other. Unless someone knows the likelihood of said petition actually going through and her likelihood of getting her K-1 visa approved afterwards?

B. Travel to Venezuela, and get married with her in her country. I still have to apply for the I-129F petition I believe (I haven't figured out what the correct form/petition for a spouse)? She would apply for a K-3 visa. Once she is here with me, we can either immediately try to apply for her residence here with me, or go through the additional steps of getting a civil marriage in the states for a more solid reasoning for her to stay here with me.

The following issues arise:
    1. I hear it takes a while for the paperwork to process in Venezuela if you are a foreigner who is getting married with a citizen of Venezuela. From a few weeks to a few months.
    2. I've already taken the steps in order to attain their required paperwork, however have stumbled upon a "glitch". One of the Venezuelan Government requirements for marriage is for the individual to obtain a letter stating that they are single which is notarized by the local county clerk. Upon inquiring this from the county clerk, I was told that they would not notarize said letter due to the fact that there is no "hard proof/evidence" that I am not married. I proceeded to ask the state, and they informed me that I can apply for no proof of marriage record which I did. So the question is if this notarized letter w/ apostille certification will suffice this requirement for the Venezuelan government.
    3. Aside from the "horror" stories I've heard with getting married to a citizen in Venezuela, I do not know the probability of getting married to my fiancee there.

IMO: I'm already pursuing this option. I've searched for information through multiple channels and hopefully will find some information and help here. If you have any suggestions, advice, or help for this it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THEIR TIME AND CONCERN!!!

Default Re: Marriage in Venezuela, K-1 Visa and K-3 Visa Options

One way or another, you're going to need to travel to Venezuela. You're not going to get a fiancé admitted on the basis of a pen pal, Internet or telephone relationship, period, end of story. You must first spend some time together, and will need documentation that you have done so.

I am not able to speak to the issue of marrying in Venezuela. If it truly is difficult, going the fiancé route will probably work best - so plan an extended vacation, take along a camera, and keep all of the records of your trip - tickets, receipts, etc. - to document your time together when you apply for the visa.

Read the state department travel advisory before traveling to Venezuela, and take appropriate steps for your own safety. Before you embark on the trip you should consider hiring a private investigator to do a background check on your fiancée for a criminal record (that might prevent her from entering the U.S.), past marriages, and other factors that may cause you to reconsider the relationship. I mean her no disrespect, but there have been some notorious cases like this where the primary goal was to (a) get money from a number of overseas fiancés, (b) lure people to the country to rob them or hold them for ransom, or (c) simply to get a permanent Green Card, and then to walk away from the relationship. We've had horror stories here about people marrying immigrants who left the day the conditions were removed from their Green Cards, or who had kids, boyfriends, fiancés (and possibly even spouses) back home who they didn't disclose to their U.S. citizen spouse.

1. Sponsored Links