My question involves paternity law for the State of: Louisiana

My girlfriend and I are having a child. We're both previously divorced, and she is still using her married name from her first marriage.

I've done some research and have seen that I could sign an Acknowledgment of Paternity at the hospital upon birth, after which she and I could agree for the child to take on my surname (or a combination of both our surnames). Otherwise, the child would take on her surname.

My question is, if for some reason I was unable to be at the birth (which is unlikely but still) to sign this AOP, would the child be given her current last name, or her maiden name?

Thanks in advance.