Question Mom Fighting for a Fathers' Rights

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Florida

Please help...

My husband is not the biological father of my eldest daughter. We suspected it the day we found out I was pregnant and a DNA test recently confirmed it.

We were not married when my daughter was born (we married when she was 6 weeks old), but his name is on the birth certificate.

The biological father wants to be a part of her life and I am in full agreement with it. I believe he deserves to be a part of this wonderful little girls' life that he helped create and I can't deny her the right to know her father.

My husband on the other hand isn't as supportive. We are in the process of separating and getting divorced and he is making the whole process very difficult. He is threatening to deny the biological father the opportunity to see my daughter until a court orders it. Can he do this???

The biological father has already made travel arrangments to come here. Do I need my husband's permission to allow my daughter to meet and spend time with her biological father? Even if I am going to be present??

Default Re: Mom Fighting for a Fathers' Rights

He is threatening to deny the biological father the opportunity to see my daughter until a court orders it. Can he do this???
    He sure can. On his parenting time, anyway. Unless and until her biological father is established as her legal father through the courts, her biological father has ZERO right to see her.

Do I need my husband's permission to allow my daughter to meet and spend time with her biological father? Even if I am going to be present??
    Absent a court order explicitly stating that she may not spend time with this man, you may take her to visit with him on your parenting time as you please.

The child is now how old? The child has had what, if any, relationship with the biological father since she was born?
    Quote Quoting concernedmomneedshelp
    View Post
    The biological father has already made travel arrangments to come here. Do I need my husband's permission to allow my daughter to meet and spend time with her biological father? Even if I am going to be present??
    Be careful about "this is your real daddy"-type statements, as they could turn around and bite you in custody proceedings.

Hi. Thank you for your responses....

She is now 7 and has never met her biological father. He will not be introduced as her "dad" for quite some time. After speaking with her psychologist, we believe it is in her best interest that she meet and spend time with him as "mommy and daddy's friend" until we feel the time is right to tell her.

One thing I did not mention is that she was born prior to our marriage. Does that affect his right to deny the biological father the ability to see her?

Thank you again for taking the time to read and reply.

1. Sponsored Links