Default First Time Marijuana Possession Charge

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Missouri

Hi, I'm 17 which I think makes me a juvenile still. I was stopped by water patrol on a lake, and they searched my boat and found two blunts in my pocket. I was given a citation told to arrive at court and then they left.
    I have had only a Careless and Imprudent driving ticket when I was 16.
    Can someone please tell me what kind of punishment I am looking at, and/or if snitching would be an option.

Thanks, 1st time offender

Default Re: First Time Marijuana Possession Charge

In a lot of states 17 is an adult,something like youthful offender might be avabile.Normally if you were a minor they inform you parents. You need to find a lawyer and ask about a diversion program if a dismial is not avabile. Your probably looking at probation and a fine.

You choiced to smoke,snitching on someone especially for a minor charge is messed up.If the cops wanted you to snitch they would of asked you were you got the weed from. Selling weed in your state is a felony,so you could be causing someone a lot of hassle b.c you deciced to smoke and now want to pass the blame on someone else. Honestly if it was a small amt,they don't care to much.You need a lawyer to help you avoid a criminal record. It might suck,you should also consdier telling your parents.They can help pay for a lawyer.

Can someone please tell me what kind of punishment I am looking at, and/or if snitching would be an option.
    Oh, child. Has your Mama snatched you bald-headed yet, or do you think you're going to be able to get away with not telling her? Clue: You won't. Better go tell her.

You're looking at a misdemeanor, with up to $1K in fines and up to a year in jail. The help of a good attorney can get this reduced or possibly even dismissed, if you're a super shiny citizen.

1. I don't care any more if I mess up my friends lives, I'm out to save my own ass. I personally know 2 small time dealers, and 2 other guys who use almost every other night and frequently have close to half a pound stored at their house. I don't know if the cops care about knowing that, but I am ready to tell if it will save me.

2. I have decided to do the hardest thing in my life, and tell my parents. They will probably kill me, but I guess it is in my best interests.

3. Thanks for the advice, now I just have to live with my self for forever.

Oh, drama.

It's just pot. You did a stupid teenager thing. Teenagers, by their nature, do lots of stupid things.

No need to beat yourself up forever over it. Just learn from your mistake and don't repeat it.

Honestly it's your choice to snitch,speak to a lawyer 1st before you make any decisions.It's just a misdemeanor weed charge,you can't just ignore it but like the op said it isn't the end of the world.

Your not facing a murder or some drug trafficking charge,it's funny your so nervous to save your ass but wasn't nervous enough not to smoke when it can cause you legal problems. Morally I feel it's horrible that you want to snitch when you broke the law yourself and you consider the person a friend.You need to just hire a lawyer and follow there advice.

Honesty it's gonna seem like hell at 1st (it's gonna be,lol) but your parents are gonna forgive you after awhile if you stay out of trouble.I hated telling my mom,I was older then you .She was very anti drug.

1. Sponsored Links