Question Responsibilities When Divorcing a Sponsored Wife With a Conditional Green Card

My wife has entered US in 2000 on tourist visa and overstayed for 7 years illegally. I'm a US citizen, married her 11/08, went to interview 04/09 she got temporary GC and literally couple of weeks later I've learned the she went on vacation with her x-boyfriend for 4 days while telling me she had a baby-sitting job....nice, right? We didn't even go on our honeymoon and I get this -Soooo - our further union is out of the question and I'm filing for divorce as no family will ever happen neither I want to be responsible for this person after what happen.

The question is how will my divorce affect my responsibility for her because of beneficiary paperwork I've signed and what are her options will be?

I understand she can have my last name until her temp GC expires in two years, re-marry or whatever, but I want no business with this person anymore ever.

Default Re: Responsibilities When Divorcing a Sponsored Wife With a Conditional Green Card

You can notify the USCIS of your pending divorce and that you no longer wish to sponsor your spouse. But you can expect that should she remain in the U.S. and end up receiving public assistance, the government will come after you for the duration of your period of sponsorship.

1. Sponsored Links