Default Disproving Paternal Accusations

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Texas

My 18-year-old son is a senior in high school. He was recently involved one night with 22-year-old college student. Now, she is accusing him to be responsible for her pregnancy even though she has openly admitted to having been with other men during the same time period. She has even stated openly that she had her monthly cycle after this particular night.

She is continually harassing my son with legal threats regarding child support and medical expenses through voice mails, text messages, and emails.

Is there a way to stop her harassing messages? Nothing can be done to prove his paternity until after the child is born anyway, correct? She would have to initiate the court ordered paternity test if he denies he is the father, correct?

Thank you for your time and advice.

Default Re: Disproving Paternal Accusations

Is there a way to stop her harassing messages?
    File for a restraining order.

Nothing can be done to prove his paternity until after the child is born anyway, correct?
    Essentially. There are pre-natal DNA tests available. They are, however, costly, risky, and rarely done. I've yet to hear tell of a court ordering this.

She would have to initiate the court ordered paternity test if he denies he is the father, correct?
    Correct.

Quote Quoting Texgraff
    View Post
    My question involves paternity law for the State of: Texas

My 18-year-old son is a senior in high school. He was recently involved one night with 22-year-old college student. Now, she is accusing him to be responsible for her pregnancy even though she has openly admitted to having been with other men during the same time period. She has even stated openly that she had her monthly cycle after this particular night.

She is continually harassing my son with legal threats regarding child support and medical expenses through voice mails, text messages, and emails.

Is there a way to stop her harassing messages? Nothing can be done to prove his paternity until after the child is born anyway, correct? She would have to initiate the court ordered paternity test if he denies he is the father, correct?

Thank you for your time and advice.
    Have your son change his phone number. This is a good lesson for your son ~ hopefully this is his last '"one-night stand".

If he does not want to talk to her, he should be able to block her texts (and possibly also calls from her number) through his phone service. He doesn't have to listen to messages she leaves. As previously noted, he can also change his phone number.

When the child is born, he can be compelled to take a DNA test.

As far as her having her 'monthly cycle' after their encounter, it should be noted that it is entirely possible to have some bleeding while pregnant, and often times especially during early pregnancy, this bleeding is mistaked for a period.

1. Sponsored Links