Default What Happens If Teen Parents Give Up a Child For Adoption

Tennessee -
    16 year old mother and her family want to give up baby due in Dec for adoption
    15 year old father (my son) has a problem with that but is being pressured into it by mother (his girlfriend)
    my question is, if both parents sign agreeing to give up baby, can paternal grandparents step in and adopt instead allowing outsiders adopt?? Do we have a right to stop adoption and take custody?

Default Re: What Happens If Teen Parents Give Up a Child For Adoption

Quote Quoting prplsunsets
    View Post
    Tennessee -
    16 year old mother and her family want to give up baby due in Dec for adoption
    15 year old father (my son) has a problem with that but is being pressured into it by mother (his girlfriend)
    my question is, if both parents sign agreeing to give up baby, can paternal grandparents step in and adopt instead allowing outsiders adopt?? Do we have a right to stop adoption and take custody?
    If both parents agree, yes, the Grandparents can adopt.

You do not have the right to stop adoption. However, as the father, your son will have the right to contest an adoption and file for custody.

Since both parents are minors, it is very important that you and your son get a consult with a local attorney before the baby is born.

1. Sponsored Links