Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mens Rights to Block an Abortion

This is sad and no one knows what to do for the Father of the unborn child. I have this friend that got pregnant 14 1/2 weeks ago. She was never happy about the pregnancy. But, she told her Mother(Whom she is living with), sisters, friends and boyfriend that she was going to take it to full term. As time progressed she became depressed and broke it off with the boyfriend. She told him that she would give him full custody when it was born. So he told his parents to get ready for a grandchild. Everyone was sad about the break up especially the boyfriend, but exited about the baby. Even my friends Mom bought things for the baby. We were all expecting a new person in our lives.
    The last thing my friend told her ex-boyfriend was that she would grant him all rights to the baby when it was born. He was ready to step up to the plate and take his role. He was starting to day dream about having a new baby. Then two weeks ago she set up an appointment to have the baby aborted. She only told her sister. Then her Mom found out and cried. I found out and asked the sister to please tell the boyfriend. No one would pick up the phone for his call. So he called me. I felt so badly for him that I had to tell him for the abortion is set for tomorrow June 6, 2009. He felt sickened when he looked up his rights. He has none.
    What can he do? is there anyone that can answer this? He told me that he feels like his baby is going to be murdered. I never realised how badly a man may feel when his girlfriend is getting an abortion. If you can help please do. Give me some ideas so I may pass them on to him. Thanks

Default Re: Mens Rights on Abortion

Until the child leaves the mother's body and/or is determined by a court of law to be able to live outside the mother's body without assistance (commonly referred to as "late term abortions"), the mother has complete control over the decision...

The flip side, of course, is that no one can FORCE her, legally, to do anything to her body...In the same way that you would not want someone to be able to go to court and force YOU to have a medical procedure done or refused.

What can he do?
    Nothing at all at this time, and familiarize himself with condoms the next time. His rights? Are to have protected sex or unprotected sex. After that, it's all out of his hands.

Women - and men! - have the right to make their own medical decisions, regardless of what everyone else around them wants or expects. No one has the right to force her to continue the pregnancy, no one has the right to force her to abort.

When he can get pregnant, he can make his own decisions about abortion. Until then, it's not up to him.

the laws do favor the rights of the woman over the putative father and the child. Is she wants to kill her child, it is her right

No one has the right to force her to continue the pregnancy, no one has the right to force her to abort.
    which gives her the right to kill her child. Yea!!

I really have a problem with a mother being given the right to kill her child yet in many states, if any other person causes the death of a fetus, including one not viable at the time, is considered to have caused the death of another human being. I guess women can have their cake and eat it too.

It's about bodily autonomy, JK.

When women get the right to hold you down and force you to have a surgery you don't want/need or keep you from having a surgery you do want/need, or have the right to force you to endanger your health and well being to make someone else happy, we'll talk.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post

When women get the right to hold you down and force you to have a surgery you don't want/need or keep you from having a surgery you do want/need, or have the right to force you to endanger your health and well being to make someone else happy, we'll talk.
    This. Amen.

I was going to write something like what CBG did, but, alas, I was beaten to it.

OP, you're going to have an impossible task convincing someone to hold her down, and then convincing a doctor to perform an abortion against her will.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post

yep, it is and when the kid is allowed that same autonomy, I'm right with you.

Quote Quoting ashman165
    View Post

OP, you're going to have an impossible task convincing someone to hold her down, and then convincing a doctor to perform an abortion against her will.
    actually the OP wants the opposite.

I am trying very hard to keep my views on this subject clinical.

the OP has been given her legal answer. I suggest we leave it there.

Okay so the Father has no rights. I get the picture. That wasn't the question. If you have any helpful advice send me a message.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast