Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006

    Default Suitable Apartment For Child After Separation

    I live in Wisconsin and my wife is moving out in a week or so. We haven't filed or anything yet. We have a 7 year old daughter.

    Currently, we live in a 2 bedroom apartment and we have decided to share time with daughter 50/50.

    I would like to move into a new place, but do I have be in a 2-bedroom? Is this a law?

    Any help would be appreciated.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk


    There is no law requiring a two-bedroom apartment. You should, however, ensure that the child will enjoy an appropriate and suitable living environment within your new apartment. That's usually easiest when the child (or children) has her own bedroom, although people who cannot afford that option can be surprisingly creative.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Purchase of Lot, Not Suitable for Basement
    By craig_film in forum Buying, Selling and Conveying Real Estate
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 09:15 PM
  2. Spousal Support and Alimony: Child Support During Separation
    By jibdr in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
  3. Child Support and Separation
    By nichole79 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
  4. Property Division: Mortgage and Child Support During Separation
    By cyberxena in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 07:32 AM
  5. Unemployment Benefits: Suitable Offer of Employment
    By geminitimelord in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources