Default How to Sue Somebody With an Unknown Address

My question involves small claims court in the state of: Florida (Seminole County)

I am currently trying to sue my ex-roommates for unpaid utilities. However, since they moved out, they have refused to tell me their new address. They have actually stopped responding to my calls/texts/emails entirely.

Is it possible to file a suit w/o their address?
    If not, how would I go about getting it?

Also, before moving out, they put in official change-of-address forms to the post office. Is there any way to legally ask for their address?

Default Re: Unknown Address

check with the requirements of your court. In some areas, service by publication is acceptable. The courts would have the rules and requirements to proper service.

"How do I file a small claim?

You must make your claim in writing, on the “Statement of Claim” form. You must state the dollar amount owed. You must name the defendant by proper name, telephone number, and complete address. You should explain exactly why you think you are owed the money or why you feel you are entitled to the property. "

Thats all it says on their website, nothing about if I do not have the address though. I guess I just need to go to the courthouse and see then.

If I just put the old address, the post office should just be able to forward it right?

An address you know is invalid is not the defendant's address. Read what jk said, then inquire with the court.

1. Sponsored Links