Default Possession of Drug Charge After Police Coercion

Three officers came to my house looking for a gun. They used coercion beyond the meaning of the word to get what they came for. Using threats intimidation, and lies to get in the door. To what degree can officers use coercion? It was very convenient that there was 3 of them and one of me. I found out later in that there is not one word of truth in their claims.
    I am representing myself in my case. My question is how will the outcome of my case affect the related cases? I can prove that coercion was used just with character witnesses and documented proof that I would never let a cop into my house without asking for a search warrent. My character just does not allow it. I have no patience for people who lie to me for personal gain. I have 4 cases going in court now. What do you think my chances are with a pro se approach???
    Help???I am getting a coach to go over my defense approach.
    Thanks Lynn

Default Illegal Search by Police

It is impossible to guess what your chances are. That would require a full analysis of your situation under the governing case law, and we know none of the specifics. I strongly suggest that you work up any motion to suppress in association with a criminal defense lawyer.

Default pro se rules hard to come by

Aaron,
    It seems to me that the right to represent oneself is somewhat confusing and contradictory when the need for a compiter and /or understanding of legal jargon is necessary to follow the same rules as a lawyer.
    I feel that I have the evidence to win my case,but I don't know what to expect when I make the smallest of mistakes in my representation, or the format of motions or forms presented. Will the facts be considered for what they are in district court? Could I loose my case based on an frivilous objection from prosecution?
    I am really nervous about being able to hold my composure in court when challenged by prosecution. This will be my biggest hurdle.
    I have been trying like crazy to get information on format used in dist. court in NH., to no avail. There is no help available to me. I do not have the knowledge to decrypt the rules made available online, I do not have the money to pay anyone to help me, and the Clerk of the Court thinks that I am crazy. If you have any suggestions, I'm open.
    Thanks
    Lynn Jackson

Default Pro Se Criminal Defense

You are more likely to lose to a valid objection, to which you don't know how to reply.

If you are involved in four cases, to the extent that any of them are criminal cases you may qualify for an appointed attorney to assist with your defense.

You can obtain copies of the New Hampshire Rules of Civil Procedure or New Hampshire Rules of Criminal Procedure; but they would be hard to digest if you tried to just sit down and read them.

1. Sponsored Links