Default Workmans Comp

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: tennessee
    i am currently not working...last may of 2008 i kept telling my job that my shoulder hurt and then finally in oct. of 08 i was seen by a doctor and it was determined that i had a torn rotator cuff...100% tear...they did surgery in feb. 09...then my job made me come back the following week,(i had to pay someone to drive me to and from work) and they made me sit in the nurses station for 3 weeks with no pain meds...then they put me on the floor with a sling and i injured my other shoulder...now just waiting for a call for a mri....my question...i have a lawyer but all i ever get to speak to is a paralegall...and sometimes i think that she is more on the jobs side then mine....any advice

Default Re: Workmans Comp

Was the work assigned consistent with your medical restrictions?

as far as the restrictions..the dr had me in this sling with a pillow attacted and the nurse and safety corrdinator could not wait to get me back out on the floor....they had me bending, stretching, and cleaning....i was not allowed to take anything for pain even though the dr prescribed it....i just had a mri done on the other shoulder and will probably have to have surgery on that one...i just was wondering how long the settlement will take one i am realesed...and is it two seperate cases....

So the answer to my question is what?

yes they did follow the restrictions that he put on me at a certain point...they had me doing production at one point while still in a sling and the shoulder that i had surgery on popped...the thing is they did everything they could [QUOTE]i have wittnesses to get out of paying workmans comp....i guess i am not being very clear....sorry

Your employer may assign you work consistent with your medical restrictions. If it turns out that you are not able to work to the extent that your doctor believed when he wrote the restrictions, it is important to revisit the restrictions with the doctor and, if appropriate, to update them and communicate the new restrictions to your employer.

1. Sponsored Links