Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Replacing a Lost Title when You Have Moved

    This is for title issues for Pennsylvania and South Carolina:

    I have recently moved and need to transfer my registration to South Carolina from Pennsylvania. However I cannot find my title. The car is in my name but PA says they send a replacment copy to the address on file (where I no longer live) and SC one register my car without the title. Is there anyway around this. I really want SC plates as the local police target out of state drivers and I don't want to have to pay for a trumped up ticket. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Toledo, OH

    Default Re: Replacing a Lost Title when You Have Moved

    You likely need to officially change your address with PennDOT in order to have a replacement title sent to the correct address.

    Do that, then apply again for a duplicate title.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Repair and Maintenance: Lost Key, Landlord Not Replacing
    By jawaiah in forum Landlord-Tenant Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 03:58 PM
  2. Chapter 7: Replacing a Lost Title for the Bankrupty Trustee
    By Donald s in forum Bankruptcy Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 01:39 AM
  3. Replacing a Shared Fence or Wall - Can a Neighbor Require That it Be Moved
    By pokipoki in forum Real Estate Ownership and Title
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 04:50 PM
  4. Replacing a Lost I-94 That Expires in 30 Days
    By kuchajka in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 08:04 AM
  5. Replacing Lost Vehicle Title
    By Another Demise in forum Vehicle Registration and Title
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources