Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default Leaving Home to Ex

    My question involves estate planning in the state of: Texas

    I was married for 10 years, divorced now and in the decree I got the house, it has not been refinanced into my name only yet, as it is up for sale, she still lives in the house and will remain there until the sale.

    I am going to Iraq and if I die I would like for her to have the house, how do I do this? As of now I imagine we are 50/50 owners, and she fears that if I get killed my family would fight her over my share since they hate her.

    Is there a documents that I need to do in order to make sure that there are no problems with this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: Leaving Home to Ex

    Write up a will. You can often find local lawyers who will draft an inexpensive (sometimes even free) will for members of the armed forces who are about to deploy. Your base legal office may know of a local lawyer who can help you - or you can do it yourself (check with base legal to see if free forms and instructions are available; you can also find any number of "how to plan your own estate" books with forms, as well as free and commercial forms packages on various websites).

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Runaways: Leaving Home at 17 in Louisiana
    By CDomangue in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 07:35 AM
  2. Runaways: Leaving Home Before 18 in Texas
    By mustangman1 in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 04:53 PM
  3. Emancipation: Leaving Home Before 18
    By Kenny.Odom in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 06:18 PM
  4. Emancipation: Leaving Home
    By jordan in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
  5. Emancipation: Help Leaving Home at Age 16
    By sara_321 in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources