Default Leaving Home to Ex

My question involves estate planning in the state of: Texas

I was married for 10 years, divorced now and in the decree I got the house, it has not been refinanced into my name only yet, as it is up for sale, she still lives in the house and will remain there until the sale.

I am going to Iraq and if I die I would like for her to have the house, how do I do this? As of now I imagine we are 50/50 owners, and she fears that if I get killed my family would fight her over my share since they hate her.

Is there a documents that I need to do in order to make sure that there are no problems with this?

Default Re: Leaving Home to Ex

Write up a will. You can often find local lawyers who will draft an inexpensive (sometimes even free) will for members of the armed forces who are about to deploy. Your base legal office may know of a local lawyer who can help you - or you can do it yourself (check with base legal to see if free forms and instructions are available; you can also find any number of "how to plan your own estate" books with forms, as well as free and commercial forms packages on various websites).

1. Sponsored Links