Default Obstructing an Officer

My question involves criminal law for the state of: WISCONSIN

My question involves criminal law for the state of: WISCONSIN

My boyfriend and I got into a fight. i threw his things on my front lawn in the middle of the night, and by the time he came to pick them up at 4AM they had been rained on.

Later that morning, around 10AM, he came over, we argued because he wanted money for his damaged belongings and since i wouldn't pay, he decided to get the cops involved. He left to go to work, but called the police and told them what had happened to his things, that i was mentally unstable and he 'feared for my well being" and that HE HAD JUST TALKED TO ME IN PERSON- AT MY HOME. Since im on probation, I didnt want to deal with the police so by the time the police did come to my house, i had already left.

the next day, a single officer came to my home asking me about what had happened the day prior. I told the officer that i did in fact throw his things outside, but when he asked about the argument we had at 10AM, for some reason I LIED- and i told the officer that i had been gone that whole day, that mark made up the fact i was unstable AND THAT ME AND MARK HAD THE ARGUMENT AT 10AM OVER THE PHONE. I said the only time i actually had talked with him in person was when he came over at 4AM. the officer told me i had done nothing wrong and left. THE OFFICER DID NOT TAKE A WRITTEN STATEMENT, HE DID NOT CONFIRM MY IDENTITY/TAKE MY NAME, DOB OR ADDRESS, AND HE HAD NO OTHER OFFICER WITH HIM WHEN I TALKED TO HIM IN PERSON.

at that point, i thought it was over.

about a week later, my BF got a call from the officer, informing him that HE was being charged with obstructing an officer for lying to the police about meeting with me in person at my home and for making up that i was mentally unstable.

i dont understand what difference it makes on whether or not he had talked to me in person or on the phone. but either way, I WAS THE ONE WHO LIED.

He has a court date, should i appear? like i said before, the officer i spoke with did so alone and never took a written statement, can i appear and say that the officer misunderstood me, and that i never said i didn't meet mark in person? Will i be charged with obstructing an officer?

Default Re: Obstructing an Officer

One of you will be.

It should be you.

1. Sponsored Links