Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006

    Default Guardianship to relative in another country

    I was wondering what is required to give guardianship to a relative that is living in another country (Costa Rica) and is a citizen of that country. What paperwork is needed? Can this be done with a standard will? Just considering a situation that me and my wife are both gone and we want our children to go to her sister and husband. We live in Missouri and the children were born here. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Designating Guardians

    You can designate guardians for your children in your estate plan. With the international component, you may wish to consult a local lawyer about the best way to ensure that your wishes are honored. For example, you may benefit from designating a local temporary guardian who can attend to the children and their needs while your sister-in-law and her husband make arrangements to bring the children to Costa Rica.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Guardianship: How to Get Guardianship of an Unmarried Relative's Child
    By E5R in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
  2. Guardianship and Non Relative Visitation Order
    By purcat209 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 04:30 PM
  3. Guardianship: Relative Trying to Get My Guardianship of My Child
    By eddiekiki in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
  4. Guardianship: Transferred Guardianship to Relative Out of State
    By ameliavas in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 05:36 PM
  5. Guardianship: Guardianship To Live With A Relative
    By Rinata-chan in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Custody Lawyer
Get help for your custody case. Consult a divorce lawyer for free.