Default Visiting Us with a 10 Year Bar - Non-Immigrant Waiver Needed

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone here could please help with information about how to apply for a non-immigrant waiver to enter the US from Canada to VISIT. I am currently a Canadian Citizen who lives in Canada with a clean record from both countries.

My family moved to America and overstayed our visitor visa (my parents fault) I was only 9 years old at the time so i had nothing to do with it consciously. We got asked to voluntarily leave the country and we did (without letting them know we officially left) a little past our due date and got stuck with a 10 year bar a couple years later after I tried to clear things up.

I have visited the US on a waiver in my US Visa while I was still a permanent resident of Canada but that waiver has expired and I am a citizen of Canada now. I read that the rules have changed when you are a citizen with a 10 year bar as opposed to a permanent resident. I don't need a Visa anymore to enter just a non-immigrant waiver... right?

Help!

Default Re: Visiting Us with a 10 Year Bar - Non-Immigrant Waiver Needed

You voluntarily left when you were how old? If you were below the age of 18, the overstay shouldn't have triggered ineligibility.

Default Re: Visiting Us with a 10 Year Bar - Non-Immigrant Waiver Needed

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You voluntarily left when you were how old? If you were below the age of 18, the overstay shouldn't have triggered ineligibility.
    I was 3 weeks past 18 when my family and I left to Canada. I then officially claimed my departure 2 years after that due to lack of information. I am now trying to figure out how to get me in the US to visit my old friends with my Canadian Citizenship.

1. Sponsored Links