Question Where to Send My I-212 Form

Hi,

I was removed/voluntary departure in 2005 from the Houston, TX - US. Now I want to apply for a Visit visa to the US and I have to file I-212.

So where do I exactly file the From I-212 the office where my removal procedings took place or the local INS office... please can somebody guide or where and how to apply for this from and what supporting documents do I need to send with it ...

Secondly.. they put section 237 (a)(1)(c)(i) so what are chances of getting a visa under this section ... and how long would it take for the from I-212 reply ?

Thanks

Default Re: Really Confused About Where to Send My I-212 Form

Read this.
    Quote Quoting Note on Where to File
    If you are abroad, and intend to apply for an immigrant visa, submit this form to the Local Office in which your deportation proceedings were held. If you are concurrently applying for a waiver of grounds of excludability, file this application with the American Consul with whom you are filing your application for waiver.

If you are abroad and intend to apply for a nonimmigrant visa or border crossing card, submit this application to the American Consul with whom you submit your visa or crossing card application, if instructed to do so by the Consul.

If you are at a U.S. port of entry, applying for admission to the United States, submit this application to the Local Office having jurisdiction over that port.

If you are in the United States and will file an application for waiver under Section 212 (g), (h), or (i) of the INA with an American consul, file this application and the waiver application with the American consul.

If you are in the United States and are applying for adjustment of status under Section 245 of the INA, or are seeking advance permission to reapply prior to your departure from the U.S., submit the application to the Local Office having jurisdiction over the place where you reside.

Default Really Confused About Where to Send My I-212 Form

From what I understand is that I need to apply from the Embassy that I will be applying the Visa from but I e-mail them on where to file this from I-212 they say the District office now I don't know which one is that ??

Ok so that would be the court of immigration where my removal precedings were held ... and that is Houston... ok

Any idea on how long would it take for them to reply back to this ?

Default Really Confused About Where to Send My I-212 Form

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    I have e-mail the embassy here and they I have to file it to the Local district office now which local district office in Houston would that be ??

1. Sponsored Links