Default What Are My Rights for an Order of Protection Placed Against Me

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: TN.My ex boyfriend of only a few months cheated on me and I simply called and texted him a lot trying to get answers to why he deceived me.I never threatened him or did anything physical or along those lines.After our break up like 2 months later I received an order of protection against me for stalking him,I never got summoned so I never even got the opportunity to appear in court.I do live in Florida so I did call TN and they said even if the sheriff was able to summons me Tn law still places the order against me.By the time I received the order I only had 2 days to dispute it and it would've cost me $500 in filing and costs to fly out there.So I wasn't able to do anything.Now my other issue is there were several nights that my ex sent me several textes insulting me and calling me names and cursing at me.I even have record of missed phone calls from him.a few I actually received during the time he must've filed.I really need to know what I can do to get this off of me,it is an order for a year long.Can I get it off and if anything can I place one on him,he didn't exactly leave me alone after the breakup,he did lots of emotional damage towards me.All I ever did was call and text him trying t get him to give me an explanation,i never once insulted him or threatened him.Please tell me what I can do.I am very frustrated and worried about all this.

Default Re: What Are My Rights for an Order of Protection Placed Against Me

I simply called and texted him a lot trying to get answers to why he deceived me.
    In the future, after you break up with someone? Leave it at "Good-bye, good riddance, have a nice life." and MOVE ON. Bazillions of texts and phone calls will only get you...a restraining order because the ex no longer wants to be stalked.

It's doubtful you can get the order lifted, and it's pointless for you to try to retaliate with an order of your own, particularly if he hasn't made any contact with you since your order was placed on you.

Delete his number from your phone, his e-mail from your contacts. Don't look at his Facebook/MySpace/Livejournal/whatever anymore. Look ahead, not back

Seriously, girl, you deserve better. So instead of wasting your give a damn on someone not worth your time and effort, move on and find something better.

Quote Quoting frustrated76
    View Post
    My question involves restraining orders in the State of: TN.My ex boyfriend of only a few months cheated on me and I simply called and texted him a lot trying to get answers to why he deceived me.I never threatened him or did anything physical or along those lines.After our break up like 2 months later I received an order of protection against me for stalking him,I never got summoned so I never even got the opportunity to appear in court.I do live in Florida so I did call TN and they said even if the sheriff was able to summons me Tn law still places the order against me.By the time I received the order I only had 2 days to dispute it and it would've cost me $500 in filing and costs to fly out there.So I wasn't able to do anything.Now my other issue is there were several nights that my ex sent me several textes insulting me and calling me names and cursing at me.I even have record of missed phone calls from him.a few I actually received during the time he must've filed.I really need to know what I can do to get this off of me,it is an order for a year long.Can I get it off and if anything can I place one on him,he didn't exactly leave me alone after the breakup,he did lots of emotional damage towards me.All I ever did was call and text him trying t get him to give me an explanation,i never once insulted him or threatened him.Please tell me what I can do.I am very frustrated and worried about all this.
    Its "harassment" is what you were doing. By law he can get a PO on you. Kinda funny how the law is when your trying to figure out why he did what he did to wresting around the law has to step in and be "big brother". We are on the same boat. You wont get a summons, your suppose to have 30 days to fight it after you receive the PO by the cop. If he is "harassing" you report it to the police best bet there. Why do you want it off for? The PO goes for BOTH of you. He can't violate it and neither can you. So if he has been contacting you report it to the police. Best bet to do is change your number and forget the loser. I hope this helps you.

Thanks...yes..I guess now that I look back yes it was a form of harassment.but it's sad because my intent was never to hurt him,I simply wanted answers.In reality he hurt me,now I look like an idiot with protection order placed on me...but either way I'll let that rest but my main issue is I never got served by the Sheriff so I never had 30 days to reply and what's even more frustrating is he would text me for hrs in the middle of the night when apparantely he had already placed an order on me...so that's my reason why I would've wanted to show up at court to show the judge that he harassed me as well...my main concern is how will this order affect me...I could care less now about him,I simply want to know now will this affect me in my future or even in current jobs or simply in everyday life...the good thing it's only for a yr so I can just ride it out but either way ...will this affect me with my career or in other careers i seek?????please let me know.

Quote Quoting amwwar
    View Post
    The PO goes for BOTH of you. He can't violate it and neither can you.
    Not usually. Most orders are instructions by the court against the respondent and say nothing about the petitioner. If she wants some restraint against him, she'll need an order of her own.

1. Sponsored Links