Default Does an Unpaid Debt Affect a Person's Ability to Obtain a Visa or Citizenship

I have a notarized and signed, by both parties, personal note for $10,000, that was interest free for the first year, and is now accruing interest. The note was made in 2004.

The note was made to record the amount paid for a piece of property in Belize, to which I was to receive the deed, etc, but never have. I informed the other party in the recent past that I was no longer interested in the land, but preferred to be paid back the amount owed, either in full, or in some payments.

Now, this party is avoiding me -- when I call, she claims to be someone else. I will have to travel to where she is to personally find her, in order to confront her about this.

How would this unpaid debt affect her immigration status, which is now in process? How can I use immigration leverage to force her to start paying her debt to me?

Thanks in advance. I am in California, the debt was notarized in California, and she is currently living in Colorado.

Default Re: Does an Unpaid Debt Affect a Person's Ability to Obtain a Visa or Citizenship

How would this unpaid debt affect her immigration status, which is now in process?
    It doesn't.

File suit and have her served by mail, assuming you have her address.

1. Sponsored Links