Default Case Dismissed

My ex-BF got me arrested for Criminal Tresspassing in the state of Iowa. Later the case was dismissed as he requested the County Attorney and the cops not to go ahead with it.

My concern is, will the arrest be still in my records? Is there anyway I can get it off my record?

Default Re: Case Dismissed

My concern is, will the arrest be still in my records?
    It would seem to be No:

692.17 Exclusions--purposes.

Criminal history data in a computer data storage system shall not include arrest or disposition data or custody or adjudication data after the person has been acquitted or the charges dismissed, except that records of acquittals or dismissals by reason of insanity and records of adjudications of mental incompetence to stand trial in cases in which physical or mental injury or an attempt to commit physical or mental injury to another was alleged may be included. Criminal history data shall not include custody or adjudication data after the juvenile has reached twenty-one years of age, unless the juvenile was convicted of or pled guilty to a serious or aggravated misdemeanor or felony between age eighteen and age twenty-one.

1. Sponsored Links