Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Unhappy 11 Year Old Grandson Slapped by a Stranger

    My question involves criminal law for the state of: MI....My 11 yr old grandson and another child were sent to principals office dut to a fight..The other childs mom yelled @ my grandson in front of principal/teacher..When she left, my grandson had to go to the bathroom & ran into this mom..She continued to yell at my grandson and slapped him across the face..There was also another child who witness this whom she pushed, causing this child to fall against a chair..My son filed assault charges & the prosecutor and defense attny agreed to just have this lady go to anger mgmt classes...I am APPALLED that nothing more was done...IS THERE SOME OTHER CHARGES THAT CAN BE FILED AGAINST THIS WOMAN?? IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE THE DECISION REVERSED?? CAN SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS PROSECUTING ATTNY WHO DID NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUS??? I thank you for your time..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Toledo, OH

    Default Re: 11 Year Old Grandson Slapped by a Stranger

    It isn't that they didn't take the incident seriously, I promise. They took it very seriously.

    The system is overloaded, and there was little to be gained from dragging everyone through the time and expense of court. She's now got a record, and she'll have to pay for those classes herself.

    What, exactly, do you think should have been done?

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Guardianship: Guardianship of 4 Year Old Grandson
    By kbideaux in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
  2. Assault & Battery: I Slapped my Boyfriend
    By keglebear in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 08:11 PM
  3. Unwanted attention from a stranger
    By non sequitur in forum Orders of Protection
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 12:48 PM
  4. Assault & Battery: Friend's Evil Ex Slapped Me
    By Legal Help in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Criminal Defense Attorney
Protect your freedom. Consult a criminal defense lawyer for free.