Default Carpal Tunnel Surgery Aftermath

I had the surgery on both hands...now I'm having problems holding onto things. I have a big knot in the middle of one hand as well. I've broken dishes and dropped pots of hot water...I am still having that triggering of my fingers its worse than before I had surgery. Any sucessful cases to fight the doctors who mess up this surgery

Default Re: Carpol Tunnel Surgery Aftermath

have you been back to the doctor so he can evaluate the problem? Without knowing what the problem is, it is impossible to determine if you would have any sort of action available against the doctor.

you also do not state how long ago the surgery was. CTS surgery is quite simple and would be really hard to mess up. The surgery itself would cause swelling to the involved tendon, which would continue the same symptoms until such time the swelling subsides.

Angry Re: Carpol Tunnel Surgery Aftermath

the surg. was about a year ago.The surg. can't be that easy because it did'nt work.When I try to carry something over 3 pounds my hand cramps and fingers start to trigger bad. There is a knot and a big hard line in my palm like a elastic band twisted. I have an appt. to go back to doctor but I have to wait 2 months. They say he's not available. I've dropped and spilled hot water...glass plates etc. this is a bad joke.

Default Re: Carpol Tunnel Surgery Aftermath

a year ago and you have not been back? The doc should have given you a loose timeline of when to expect improvement (about 4 weeks for a start). If you noticed something unusual (knot in the middle of your hand) you should have contacted him. They don't know there is a problem unless you contact them after the initial post op visits.

I don't mean to minimize any surgery as anytime they operate, there can be problems but as far as surgeries go, this one is not a difficult surgery.

Anyway, it is impossible to determine if the doctor did anything wrong without somebody evaluating the situation. It could simply be that the repair caused excessive scar tissue

the surgery is quite simple but each individual may react differently to the surgery. Here is a link that shows the basic actions taken for a carpal tunnel release:
    http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/open-c...elease-surgery (just a drawing, not a real picture although there are videos of actual surgeries on the web if you want to watch them)

since they do severe the transverse carpal ligament, there will be scar tissue. Some people develop more more scar tissue than others and in this surgery, that could essentially result in the same situation as you had before the surgery. All the intent is to release the pressure on the nerves that pass under the ligament. That is accomplished by cutting the tendon. The tendon will develop scar tissue but typically, not enough to cause a problem. In your situation, it sounds as you may have a lot of scar tissue.

You need to get back in to a doctor. This could be a result of a bad surgery but it could just as easily be the result of how your body healed, which is beyond the control of the doctors.

Get it checked out before jumping to any conclusions. There is just as much reason to believe there is no fault as there is to believe there is fault.

Get fixed first, then see where that takes you.

Talking Re: Carpal Tunnel Surgery Aftermath

Thank you I just was'nt sure this could be fixed....

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel Surgery Aftermath

well, until the doc figures out what is happening, nobody will know.

Best of luck to ya.

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel Surgery Aftermath

This was very informative.. Thanks!

1. Sponsored Links