Default Admitted shoplifting - did I screw myself?

Reading more of these posts -- is it true that I can only get diversion if I did not plea guilty? I already admitted to the officers that I switched price tags. Did I pin myself into an even worse corner? I can't imagine what else I would have or should have said. It's on video as well.

I don't think so, you were honest and that did more to help you than you might think....you'll be OK.

Never once have I heard of a case where lieing to a police officer has helped anyone out! Neither does it help to lie to an LP agent. Most people regard us as a "rental cop" type, but in fact that is not true! Most LP agents are very well trained and everyone I have worked with has been very good at what we do. We have learned as cops do how to tell when somone is lieing to us and we have ways to talk to them that will make it more obvious when they are in fact lieing. Basically we know how to play the shoplifters games better than they do.

But doesn't the diverstion option leave a "not guilty" mark on your record? Can they do that if you already admitted guilt?

Thanks again...

I'm not sure you'd have to ask a lawer, or call the court house they might be able to answer that for you. I would imagine in some casses the judge may allow you to change your plea but I'm not sure that's just a guess

1. Sponsored Links