Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Harassment by Police Officers

What is insulting is cops who harass people. Im not claiming you are one of them, but come to my city and look at how often you see this in the news and cops getting fired. If your innocent, tell the cops to please bring it on. Let your local county waste a ton of money and get no where. Cops are trained to deceive people and make you confess even if you didnt. The court system is awful. They just want to convict someone when they have nothing. Dont let them bring you down. To supposedly be such a great country, I think we are the most warped.

Default Re: Lie Detector Test

Agreed. My detective was a total prick, trying to crack me at everything possible. I couldnt even believe I was hearing that somebody accused me of such a crime. Yet, all he kept saying that it was me. I honestly fell harassed as to being a criminal the whole time.

here is my example:
    him: the suspect left in a red car.
    me: *shocked* a red car?
    him: yes
    me: a red lexus?
    him: yes, he was pretending to have a gun and was wearing a brown fur hooded jacket
    me: ok, first i dont even own a gun
    him: i didnt say he was had one
    me: ok???
    him: what color jackets do you own
    me: black, white, brown, red
    him: does any of them have a hood?
    me: the only one with a hood is my ski jacket, the red one
    (he probably questioned himself now)
    (detective leaves the room)
    (i make a few calls since im total shock telling people i'm at the station being accused of robbing a gas station)
    (comes back)
    him: so you're telling me it wasnt you?
    me: yes sir, it cant be
    him: well i got 2 witnesses and videotaped saying it was you
    me: i understand sir, but its not me and cant be
    him: would you take a polygraph to prove it?
    me: yes sir
    him: you think you will pass?
    me: yes, i think i will
    him: you "think" you will or you know you will?
    me: sorry, i know i will
    him: cuz i dont want to waste my time and the polygraphers time if you lie to me that you didnt do it but it shows you did do it
    me: i understand sir
    him: i saw you burning up that cell phone when i left the room
    me: sorry, i'm in such shock at all this, i'm just calling my friends and family to tell them whats going on

I honestly cant wait to see his face if he truly believed it was me.

Quote Quoting Arf417
    View Post
    Cops are trained to deceive people and make you confess even if you didnt. The court system is awful. They just want to convict someone when they have nothing. Dont let them bring you down. To supposedly be such a great country, I think we are the most warped.
    Cops are trained to protect you. All the good cops and all the bad cops wake up every day and leave their families never know if they will truly make it back home to them. Instead of talking trash about them how about you go out and tell them Thank you, for protecting you.

Quote Quoting FlyinHawk®
    View Post
    Cops are trained to protect you. All the good cops and all the bad cops wake up every day and leave their families never know if they will truly make it back home to them. Instead of talking trash about them how about you go out and tell them Thank you, for protecting you.
    I have a great deal of respect for police officers such as Carl and a few others but honestly hawk, a major portion of the job is to find a person that has committed a crime so that person can be prosecuted. The police are allowed to lie to discover evidence that can be used against the person. They can intimidate to an extent. Short of physically abusing the person, their methods allow a wide range of methods of inquiry.

I have a respect for cops in general because they do put their lives on the line, with forethought. I think that is a bit crazy but it is a necessary part of the job.

I happen to be working with a guy that has relatives and close friends in a nameless windy city. He has told me some very bothersome stories about things that have happened there. It is actually scary to hear what he tells.

Sometimes their enthusiasm takes control and when that happens, things can get ugly.

And for every "bothersome story" there is another side to the tale.

- Carl

I have a few that the "other side of the story" really doesn't exist. Quite shocking and hopefully not common. They are stories of a few renegade cops with their own agendas. I am sure they are not typical across the country and hopefully not even in the involved individual forces but I do have faith in what I was told and it ain't pretty!!

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I have a few that the "other side of the story" really doesn't exist. Quite shocking and hopefully not common. They are stories of a few renegade cops with their own agendas. I am sure they are not typical across the country and hopefully not even in the involved individual forces but I do have faith in what I was told and it ain't pretty!!
    There are always "a few" ... fortunately, they ARE few, and when they tend to be more abundant than others, the locations are limited.

- Carl

This reminds me of the old saying: "You can't talk yourself out of a ticket, but you sure can talk yourself into one."

If you are innocent, and the evidence is there to show it, how can waiting until your lawyer gets there change that fact? If you are innocent and you open your mouth and say something incriminating, how did that help anyone?

I will never speak with a police officer who is investigating me as a possible suspect in a crime without my attorney. I have nothing to gain, and everything to lose.

Not an insult to cops at all. If a cop is being questioned by internal affairs, the first thing he does is ask for his union rep, and the union rep usually brings an attorney. That should tell you all you need to know on the subject.

Quote Quoting divemedic
    View Post
    If a cop is being questioned by internal affairs, the first thing he does is ask for his union rep, and the union rep usually brings an attorney. That should tell you all you need to know on the subject.
    As a side note of interest ...

They might ask for a rep, but rarely the attorney ... those don't come free, and everyone's dues go up to pay for him.her. Most the time the attorney only comes if the officer faces a criminal prosecution as a result of his or her actions.

I have been both the union rep. (as well as union president) and am currently the evil bad guy that does the IA interviews. I have twice had attorneys show at interviews, and each time they looked at me and asked, "Why am I here again?" I had to shrug and reply, "Because you were requested."

Then my dues (and everyone else's) went up for 36 months or so to pay for it.

One difference is, at least in my state, an officer can be ORDERED to talk under penalty of termination. If he does NOT talk, he can be disciplined and even terminated. If Mirandized, an officer might be free from a state criminal prosecution, but the feds (and some civil courts) do not care about a coerced statement. So, if an officer is facing some serious potential prosecution, he or she generally quits or accepts the discipline rather than risk making a coerced statement that might one day be used against him or her.

- Carl

The first problem was you even spoke to the police. As you stated in yours and the detective, he is trying to get you to admit to something you didnt do. What they are trained to do. He really could care less if you did it. He just wants to be able to get a conviction. Never ever talk to them!!! If they have evidence like they claim, you would be in jail and charged. They have nothing obviously. Tell them to not contact you anymore and they know where you live if they have evidence that you did do it. They will leave you alone because you are innocent. Another reasons why police are the most hated people. They are not protectors, they are abusers!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast