Default How Do I Remove Names from Title

My question involves real estate located in the State of: TEXAS

My parents, my sister, her husband, my wife and I are owners of 130 acres in Texas. All of our names are on the title. We purchased the land together. My parents paid the sellers for the land in full and my sister and her husband were going to pay my parents back 1/3 of the land cost and my wife and I would do the same. My parents made loan contracts with EACH couple and we signed them.

My sister and her husband divorced before they paid my parents back and my sister kept paying for a few months but then stopped and she agreed my parents would keep her thrid of the land. The title was never changed as far as removing anybodies name.

Then my sister passed away. I talked to her ex-husband and he agreed to sign what ever was needed to remove his name from the title.

I paid my parents in full for my third and now we want to put my one thrid in my name and my parents two thirds in their name.

How do we remove my sister's name and her ex-husband's name off the title? What do we need to do to separate the land?

Default Re: How Do I Remove Names from Title

How do we remove my sister's name and her ex-husband's name off the title? What do we need to do to separate the land?
    2 choices, 1 cheap, 1 expensive.

1. sis and husband deed the property to whomever (that't the cheap way)

2. everybody sues sis and husband. This is not a guaranteed way if she fights it. A court may or may not see it your way. (expensive way)

My sister passed away and her ex-husband has no problem with us getting his name off the title. Since my sister is no longer here how do we get her name off? What documents are needed and where do we go?

was sis's estate probated? Did she have a will? What state did she live in? Did she have any children? How was the title to this property held (tenants in common; joint)

If you hadn't noticed, that brought out a lot of questions. Her share would have passed to her heirs either by will or intestate succession, if tenants in common.

Was sis's estate probated? No

Did she have a will? No

What state did she live in? Texas

Did she have any children? Yes, she had two daughters

How was the title to this property held (tenants in common; joint)? I dont know. how can I find out?

Will her daughters need to sign a Quitclaim?

air;311098]Was sis's estate probated? No
    may have to be done. Contact a probate attorney
    Did she have a will? No
    bad for you. laws of intestate succession control and since she has children...

Did she have any children? Yes, she had two daughters
    then they are now at least partial owners of the property, unless title was help jointly.

How was the title to this property held (tenants in common; joint)? I dont know. how can I find out?
    the deed that transferred the title to the current status. In the very beginning of the deed, it will list all the names and should list how title is held.

Will her daughters need to sign a Quitclaim?
    if they are part owners, they could but what if they do not want to? You cannot force them to do so.

1. Sponsored Links