Default Employment Termination and Written Agreement

I'm in Illinois and here's my situation. I'm in the military and currently paying child support. This year is the end of my active service. When that happens I plan to go to school full time with my Montgomery GI Bill Benefits. Myself and the mom have a written agreement for payment and health care that I will continue to provide when this happens. With my benefit I will receive a housing stipend. The amount greatly exceeds what I require because I will be rooming with my brothers. It leaves enough to live on and provide what I promised.

My question is this...do we need to go to court and have the order modified or when I finish with the military just begin providing payments directly to her? We prefer to deal directly with each other anyway. It's just that I don't know if the court will think I'm not paying because they are not seeing the money. Or do I need to send the agreement to court?

Default Re: Employment Termination and Written Agreement

It's in your best interests to have a court issued child support order. That way, everyone is on the same page, and it's easier to call BS if someone gets up to shenanigans.

1. Sponsored Links