Default Guardian Ad Litem

My case is in Florida

I will be filing a Supplemental Petition to modify the current Order on visitation and time-sharing.
    Currently my situation is that I was duped into signing a Mediation Agreement that is neither acceptable or fair for visitation. My ex made me promises that she would let me see our son anytime I wanted and my attorney was garbage and only said something after I signed it...
    I see my son 5 hours a week with one overnight a month. I ask for additional time with my son and my ex reads my e-mails and subsequently ignored all of them even though there is a provision in the Mediation Agreement that states that "all reasonable requests for contact with the minor child will be granted". I don't even specify times or dates, I simply say, please let me know when there is additional time for visitation. We live so far apart that my visitation allows me literally 15 minutes to play with my son...I've explained this to her (all communication done through e-mail) and she always ignores me. She has responded maybe twice by saying that her schedule is too busy.........right. Did I mention she is "unemployed" when it comes to child support, but not when it comes to what she puts online (which I've printed, of course...)
    My son is 2 and my ex doesn't speak to me whatsoever, so I have no idea what goes on in his daily life. I have repeatedly (through e-mail) asked that she send me weekly updates on what is going on in his life. She reads these e-mails and ignores them all.
    My question is, should I move to Appoint a Guardian Ad Litem for this situation?
    What do they typically do? Do they make home visits? Do they interview the parents? I guess I'm trying to establish the difference between GAL'S and evaluators...
    Are they expensive? I have no money and I'm doing this pro se...
    Thanks for your help in advance!

Default Re: Guardian Ad Litem

Quote Quoting letsprocre8
    View Post
    My case is in Florida

I will be filing a Supplemental Petition to modify the current Order on visitation and time-sharing.
    Currently my situation is that I was duped into signing a Mediation Agreement that is neither acceptable or fair for visitation. My ex made me promises that she would let me see our son anytime I wanted and my attorney was garbage and only said something after I signed it...
    I see my son 5 hours a week with one overnight a month. I ask for additional time with my son and my ex reads my e-mails and subsequently ignored all of them even though there is a provision in the Mediation Agreement that states that "all reasonable requests for contact with the minor child will be granted". I don't even specify times or dates, I simply say, please let me know when there is additional time for visitation. We live so far apart that my visitation allows me literally 15 minutes to play with my son...I've explained this to her (all communication done through e-mail) and she always ignores me. She has responded maybe twice by saying that her schedule is too busy.........right. Did I mention she is "unemployed" when it comes to child support, but not when it comes to what she puts online (which I've printed, of course...)
    My son is 2 and my ex doesn't speak to me whatsoever, so I have no idea what goes on in his daily life. I have repeatedly (through e-mail) asked that she send me weekly updates on what is going on in his life. She reads these e-mails and ignores them all.
    My question is, should I move to Appoint a Guardian Ad Litem for this situation?
    What do they typically do? Do they make home visits? Do they interview the parents? I guess I'm trying to establish the difference between GAL'S and evaluators...
    Are they expensive? I have no money and I'm doing this pro se...
    Thanks for your help in advance!
    Yes, a GAL can be expensive. You can read the laws in 61.401 through 61.405 at www.flsenate.gov/STATUTES

A GAL makes home visits, interviews both parents, and basically speaks for the child in court.

Since you are pro-se with little money, you should wait to see how ex reacts to your filing before requesting a GAL.

1. Sponsored Links