Default How to Revoke a Power of Attorney

My step brother has Power Of Attorney over my stepfather and took him to live in colorado. My mother wants to revoke the POA so the stepson cannot be involved in her affairs. Can she do this? Mom and Dad lived together in Alabama until Dad was moved out by my stepbrother, They are still married. Although now living apart because the stepbrother has taken his Dad to live with him. StepDad is 85 and in his right mind, my Mother is 75 and in her right mind. They both still want to be together but the StepBrother refuses to let dad leave because The stepbrother has convinced Dad he has these rights due to the POA. this is a finacial POA only. Thank you in advance

Default Re: Revoking Power of Attorney

This is just me saying what I would do. While I have a basic understanding of POA, as I have writen them for my family, I have no expertise on that subject. Infact my advice had nothing to do with POA.

If the father is in his "right mind", he should call 911 and let them know he has been taken, against his will, and needs them to help him to get back home.

If I were certain he wanted to go home, but could not convince him to call 911 nor could I get him myself; I might call that area code+911 or get in touch with social services... I think they have an elder care department.

Again, that is just where I might start. I hope it all works out for your family.

Default Re: Revoking Power of Attorney

thanx, dad won't call 911, and i'm still researching this matter...again thank you for responding

1. Sponsored Links