Default Can I Get a Greedy Ex-Wife Be Deported

My insanely greedy ex-wife from Australia has her permanent resident alien green card. We were officially divorced in March of 2008 in the state of Hawaii, after 13 years of marriage. We both moved within the past 7 months from Hawaii. I moved to Florida and she moved to Oklahoma. I am stuck paying off a second mortgage of $80K on the house she was awarded in the divorce settlement. She gains $600 a month from renting out that house after paying the primary mortgage. She is also getting a $1500/month alimony payment from me, an active duty Navy Senior Chief of nearly 20 years of service. I was awarded our second property in Hawaii, which had huge negative equity, based on market crash. I ended up filing CH 7 bankruptcy over the whole thing. She is actually holding up the discharge of the bankruptcy now by suing me under the premise that the 2nd mortgage is non-dischargeable under bankruptcy. She did this because she knows the bank will come after her for the 80K, if it's discharged from me, because she's listed as co-borrower. I feel this arrangement to be totally unfair and am now wondering why she should (as a non-US citizen) even be still in this country, since my sponsorship of her is no longer in effect, now that we are divorced. Also, why would a non-US citizen be entitled to monetary gain for life (my retirement, when it happens) from a US citizen after serving 20 years plus in the military in defense of HIS country??? We are divorced, I feel like I should be able to have her deported, since she was only here to begin with because of me. HELP me please!!!

Default Re: Can I Get a Greedy Ex-Wife Be Deported

am now wondering why she should (as a non-US citizen) even be still in this country
    Because she is a lawful permanent resident of the United States. That Green Card says so - she and the millions of other lawful permanent residents get to be here because our laws explicitly allow for it.

Also, why would a non-US citizen be entitled to monetary gain for life (my retirement, when it happens) from a US citizen after serving 20 years plus in the military in defense of HIS country?
    Because you were married for 13 years. She's entitled to whatever the courts granted her in the divorce, and neither your citizenship nor hers has anything to do with it. Marriage, and subsequent divorce, division of property and spousal support are not dependent upon citizenship.

Next time you get married? Consider a prenup.

We are divorced, I feel like I should be able to have her deported, since she was only here to begin with because of me.
    On what grounds? She's not breaking any laws that would render her deportable. You're just mad at her, and that's simply not enough to remove a lawful permanent resident.

1. Sponsored Links