Default Bodily Injury Liability

My question is about Bodily Injury and Michigan No-Fault.

My policy reads:
    - Coverages and Limits of Liability:
    Bodily Injury Liability - $100,000 each person/$300,000 each occurrence.

It also reads: Personal Protection Insurance - Coordinated Work Loss Benefits and Coordinated Medical Benefits included.

Ok....so what does this translate into?

I have a permanent injury that will mean a life time of care (annual bone density test, permanent lifting restriction, prescribed gym membership for the rest of my life).

The lawyers are working on a settlement (Car insurance co. filed to make it a Workmans Comp Case).

Based on all this, what kind of settlement can I expect? I know the wage loss is only for the three years.

Does medical continue?

Is there an additional settlement?

Thanks in advance. This is all getting so confusing.

Default Re: Bodily Injury Liability

The bodily injury liability coverage is for injury you cause to other people.

Your PIP coverage gives very comprehensive coverage for the cost of treating your own injuries.

Are you talking about settlement with (a) the worker's comp carrier, (b) the no fault provider, or (c) a person who caused your accident?

Hi Aaron,

It was a one car accident.

The Car Ins. lawyer said he is trying to work out a settlement. He advised me to get a WC lawyer to represent my interests. Thing is, I was supposed to have a phone call from him Friday...then Sunday....now it's Thursday....while now all three lawyers try to communicate and work things out.

Independent Medical Exam agreed with my injuries and treatment. Got an appointment in a couple weeks for a Vocational Assessment, mandated by Workers Comp.

This has been dragging on for nearly two years now. And my case is really unique (drug/alc screening, but not officially hired; but the accident happened enroute from testing site to office).

Ya know....you just never expect to go for pre-employment screening, and end up with a messed up back for the rest of your life, and dealing with legal issues for 2 years.

Thank you for your time, Aaron. If you need more details, I can email them to you.

I have been through your post and i would like to suggest you to consult an experienced solicitor so that you can get some good suggestions.

Thank you!

1. Sponsored Links