Default How to Pass a Law

Obviously, letters need to be written...but to whom?

I want this considered and passed at a Federal Level, as these Retailer has stores in many states.

The issue is:
    - When they place signage for sales, to have dates printed on the bottom of the sale signs. There are so many signage errors....well, how does the consumer know when a date is not on the sign, and the sign is still posted?

- What can be done?

My mom and I had this happen before: I was one who aggressive enough to tell the cashier that the sign said X Price. I was treated rudely, but eventually the cashier did say "Show me the sign" and said I was right.

Other times, I have had to step out of line, take the shelf tag or signage tag off, and bring it to the cash register.

I doubt all consumers want to this do.

So what is the process in writing our elected officials?

Default Re: How to Pass a Law

first, this is a state level situation. Many states do have laws addressing this already.

- When they place signage for sales, to have dates printed on the bottom of the sale signs. There are so many signage errors....well, how does the consumer know when a date is not on the sign, and the sign is still posted?
    many states require the merchant to honor the sign, whether it is outdated or not since they did advertise this price. If your state doesn;t, write your state legislator. If it is already on the books, write your attorney general.

My mom and I had this happen before: I was one who aggressive enough to tell the cashier that the sign said X Price. I was treated rudely, but eventually the cashier did say "Show me the sign" and said I was right.
    what do you want? The price in her register apparently was not the same as was posted. She is merely knows what she is shown. Her register showed her one price, you were claiming another until you showed her. Apparently you did get the reduced price so what is your complaint?

Other times, I have had to step out of line, take the shelf tag or signage tag off, and bring it to the cash register.
    see above

So what is the process in writing our elected officials?
    pen, paper, envelope, stamp. or most now have email.

1. Sponsored Links